i need to tweak this but for the most part it was very yummy (when i tweak i will update and note the tweak)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour (if your like me you probably do NOT have self rising flour in the house, so i used this very simple recipe)
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk (divide in 4)
- 1 tsp of vanilla (divide in 4)
pre-heat oven to 350°
in a large bowl on medium speed cream the butter until smooth
add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy
add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition
combine the flours in another bowl and divide it into 4s
add one part flour, milk and vanilla and beat well, continue until all 4s are added
line 2 12 pack cupcake pans
use a spoon and spoon mixture (1/2-3/4) full
bake 20-23 minutes
insert toothpick to make sure cupcake is cooked.
*you can add food coloring for fun.
**if your making a cake, you need 3 9" greased round pans, and you bake for 20-25 min
I will be tweaking this as i go as well...
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (very soft)
- 8 cups of confectioners sugar (i used 6 1/2)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
add in 4 cups of the confectioners sugar
add milk and vanilla and beat well
slowly add in more C sugar until the desired consistency is formed.
*i used 6 1/2 cups, i should have used a little more.
** you can add food coloring to the frosting for fun colors